Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Classic!





What do you think of when you hear the word 'classic'? Does it conjure up images of shiny metal car bonnets with big glistening headlights?

How about an orchestral symphony with the finest instruments?

Or do you just get a visual transformation of all things to black and white?

To me, classic reflects style - something which hasn't dated, and wont date. I found myself engrossed in many things which I would consider to be classic and stylish today whilst reading The Australian's WISH magazine. This month's magazine is based in New York, the 'city that never sleeps' and a location which is promoted as the epitome of fashion, class and making/breaking dreams. Having never been to NY I cannot pass comment, however I will grant the city on being one of great imagery, enthusiasm and encouragement for the grand and divine. It appears to be a world of growth and change, diversity and tradition. I know nothing of the streets, buildings or facilities, but if you mention the name to me, I will always see the black dress of Hepburn and the little blue box of Tiffany. Now that's style which is classic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment