Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Arkadia English Breakfast Tea Latte

A couple of years ago I became aware of the brand Arkadia for their range of instant chai latte and hot chocolate powders. I've since noticed that several beverage outlets use their Chai Spice product for both chai tea and latte. The benefit to the Arkadia products is that you can simply use hot water or hot milk - and this goes for any of their tea/latte or chocolate mixes.

One of my favourite products is the Matcha Green Tea. It's quite a unique product for anyone who hasn't experienced the more traditional Matcha teas of Japan, and can be rather daunting to anyone unaccustomed to a bright green milk drink!

Through a promotional opportunity on the Arkadia email list I was sent a sample of their latest product in development, English Breakfast Tea Latte.

The instructions for the sachet were to add 170ml of pre-boiling water to the powder. This made for a sufficient quantity of tea.





The aromatics gave a definite English Breakfast tea aroma and the latte component made for a traditional milky froth on top of the drink. But I have to say the flavour was a little strong for a latte drink, and yet still a little milky to be a tea drink. As a tea drinker I wouldn't be inclined to purchase this variety because I prefer a very flat traditional tea taste. I can see where Arkadia are headed with their market and hope it brings about some new developments with their beverages but I think I'll be sticking to their Chai.


You can connect with Arkadia on their Facebook page or Twitter.

Please note, I have not been asked to promote the company or their products. In fact I asked on their Facebook page if I could mention the development of the English Breakfast Tea Latte on this blog but I didn't get a response.

(and I still don't know why Blogger isn't inserting my images as per their saved rotation!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool!
(It'd be really nice if you could rotate the photos though...) :)

Post a Comment