Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Malaysian delights at Mamak

Last week I got to indulge my tastebuds in some Malaysian delights at the very well known Mamak restaurant, Chinatown. I must say it's a favourite of mine when I'm down that side of Sydney city.

Dining for two, we could not go past the Roti Canai. Mamak is known for it's fluffy and crispy ball of roti, and it's a true show watching the chefs create this masterpiece.

Roti Canai $5.50
I've never been a fried rice fan, even if you call it nasi goreng! But, I've been through most of the menu at Mamak over the last couple of years so I figured it was time to try this item. There was a nice zing in the rice and the lime really added a kick to the flavouring.
Nasi goreng $12
Rojak - I tried this on my previous visit and was instantly addicted. The prawn chips on top have a unique twist where they have whole baby shrimp encased in them. The yambean and cucumber strips add a lovely fresh crunch with the sweet satay sauce. And the coconut cake within the salad is just incredible.
Rojak $14

Mamak - Chinatown
15 Goulburn Street,
Haymarket, Sydney
T: (02) 9211 1668
No reservations
lunch 11:30 - 2:30
dinner 5:30 - 10:00
supper til 2am (fri & sat)


0 comments:

Post a Comment