Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Making up for lost time

It's approaching 12 months since my last blog post. Yes, I got slack, but the lack of audience was disheartening!

So, my tendrils have stretched a little further in to nail and food circles during the past year, so hopefully this time, the word spreads and encourages me to keep blogging with the four F's - fun, fitness, food and fashion. I guess my nail posts (trust me, you'll be bombarded with them) fit in the fashion category - or I could say fingernails!

Anyway, a quick overview of months past:
  • I passed my Certificate II in Nail Technology early this year. Whilst it's not developed in to a little part time business, I have more than sufficient quantities of products to do so if required. Plus it means I have all the toys to play with on my own nails.
  • I'm still cooking and doing cake decorating. I recently undertook a full day course for a Novelty Cake at Planet Cake here in Sydney. It was a massively long day but well worth it in the end, especially since I scored the class at half price! I'll put a post up shortly about the end result and all the lessons learned during the course.
  • The fitness part of the blog may be lacking somewhat. I let my gym routine slip. Actually, it's effectively non-existent these days. I did get in to Body Pump class for a while, but then the instructor left and I lost all interest. I also had a few sessions with a new PT, but then she went on maternity leave. I'm hoping she's to return to training soon because I felt like it could be a very beneficial relationship. I have kept up some of the weight training, and my last leg press session saw me get to an 8 rep set of 320kg.
Hope to see a few more faces on board here in the coming months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment