Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Streets of Saigon - Westfield Sydney

My weekend adventures around Sydney city usually stir up a decent appetite. So, I try to discover new delicacies on every visit.

Today I wandered in to Westfield Sydney, level 5, to Streets of Saigon. From what I understand, the owner is of Vietnamese origin and aimed to create a dining experience authentic to her home cuisine. And it certainly appeared authentic to me - plenty of menu options for rolls (cold rolls, spring rolls, variations on each of these at $9.90 a serving), Pho, rice and noodle dishes.

I opted for the Bun Cha Gio - spring rolls on a bed of lettuce, mint, cucumber, carrot, rice vermicelli and associated dressings. At $13.50 a meal, I was pleased with the serving size. The spring rolls had plenty of flavour, being able to taste the prawn filling. And they weren't deep fried to a total crisp which kept them light and able to absorb the vinaigrette. The self service cutlery bar also has plenty of fresh chilli and bean shoots to add as extras to your meal.

Bun Cha Gio, $13.50
Overall, a lovely meal, quick service, simple surrounds and good value for money.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to sample any other delights from Streets of Saigon, but first impressions will definitely call me back for seconds another day!

  • Westfield Sydney, Level: 5
  • Store: 5004
  • Phone: (02) 8072 7050

0 comments:

Post a Comment